Protecting God's Children
Thank You for Volunteering at St. James the Greater School and Parish
St. James the Greater School and Parish follows the Archdiocese of St. Louis Safe Environment Program (Protecting God's Children). The program is designed to help protect the youth, elderly, and vulnerable adults of our parish as they participate in activities within our community. This process also provides a layer of protection against the possibility of false accusations for those adults who are involved in our many ministries.
All school parents, volunteers and employees who work with children and vulnerable adults which must be in full compliance with the Safe Environment Program before they are able to volunteer. This includes:
* Attending a Protecting God's Children workshop. Click here for a list of upcoming workshops and to register online.
* Fill out the Worker Registration Form and undergo a background check updated in even-numbered years with the FCSR.
* If you have lived outside Missouri within the past five years filling out the American Checked Waiver-Out of State Background Check form.
* Signing the Commitment to Ethical Conduct Form.
* Return all completed forms to St. James the Greater parish office, attn: Trish Whitmore, Child Safety Coordinator.
If you have completed the FCSR Worker Registration at another Parish in the Archdiocese of St. Louis, please contact Trish Whitmore. These forms will need to be filled out again as volunteers need to be compliant at each location.
Volunteers under the age of 18
If you are under 18 years old or still in high school, and wish to volunteer at St. James the Greater School or Parish please read and sign the Code of Ethical Conduct for Youth form and return it to Trish Whitmore in the parish office.
Victims of sexual abuse, in addition to contacting civil authorities, are asked to come forward in order to receive pastoral assistance. Reports of abuse may be made to any Pastor or to:
Sandra Price, Executive Director
Office of Child & Youth Protection
Missouri Department of Social Services
Children's Division Hotline Reporting Number:
Child Safety Coordinator